I had been asked to spend the day with the participants in small expert groups – me working on the topic of Business Model Generation.
In the morning, the Visionautics team had created market stalls for us visiting experts and we each hosted a stall for the participants to ask their questions in order to start implementing their visions.
Questions that I collected at my stall:
- How does a business model for a platform organization look like? I am currently writing some cases studies around the question: How do social change networks organize and finance themselves? And also The Hub has developed an interesting global business model (called the volcano model) based on the constellation model.
- What’s the business model for a network of freelancers? I referred to the case of boscop, the Open Space cooperative in Berlin – a business as a network of practitioners working with Open Space.
- We also talked about the Chaordic Stepping Stones from the Art of Hosting and how to use them for building a business model.
- And somebody asked about the business model for a traveling global nomad – and I had to think about my friend Mary Alice from the Art of Hosting network who is working as a global nomadic storyteller.
In the afternoon, we took the most burning question What are new business models for education? into a speed workshop of one hour and practiced some of the tools from the Business Model Generator. By taking a case (an Intergenerational Social Innovators Summer Week) from the participant we explored the toolbox with:
- The Empathy Map
- The Business Model Canvas
- Storytelling – telling the story of a potential participant at the summer week
- Pitching – pitching the story in 2min to the group/investors/potential participants
The next Academy for social innovators, entrepreneurs, and trainers & coaches will be in April (click here for information and registration) and I can highly recommend to take part since:
“The only holistic project development workshop I’ve ever joined. Different!”
Elena Leurini, Italy, Vision Creation and Implementation Lab, Winter 2011